Sting is one of the performers on the first solo album “The Lute is a song” of Edin Karamazov. The album will be released internationally in Spring 2009. The many voices of his lutes and guitars are joined by Renée Fleming, Kaliopi, Andreas Scholl and Sting in new interpretations of songs from the pop, folk and classical traditions.
Edin Karamazov is considered as one of the greatest virtuosos on lute, an archaic instrument. Born in Zenica in 1965, Karamazov first studied classical guitar, winning even four first awards at the prestigious competitions. He studied lute with Hopkinson Smith at the Schola Cantorum Basiliensis and worked with Hesperion and Hilliard Ensemble. Apart from collaboration with Sting, Karamazov also released several editions with the virtuoso Andreas Scholl.
The soundtrack as we could find out from our promotional CD is:
1. Leo Brouwer – Paisaje Cubano Con Rumba
2. Sting – Alone with my Thoughts Tonight (featuring Sting)
3. J. S. Bach – Toccata and Fugue in d minor
4. Henry Purcell – When I am Laid in Earth (Dido’s Lament, featuring Renee Fleming)
5. Giovanni Zamboni – Suonata
6. G. F. Handel – O Lord, Whose Mercies Numberless (featuring Andreas Scholl)
7. C. Domeniconi – Koyunbaba
8. Traditional – Edo so Maki (featuring Kaliopi)
Below EPK video gives some insight.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.